[BlueOnyx:05312] Re: Vacation Replies

Jeffrey Pellin jeffrey at px2co.net
Thu Sep 2 03:33:53 -05 2010

I'm sorry to jump in here if this has been going for some time but I also
had a problem with vacation messages which is now sorted and I wonder if it
was the same thing.

Basically I had a BO server host/domain name which was a sub domain of one
of the sites on the server. I know now that this was a dumb move but at the
time it was late and I'd run out of coffee and pizza ...

So my server was sub.mydomain.com and my site was www.mydomain.com.
Vacation messages just would not go. We switched the urls so that server
was www.mydomain.com and the site was sub.mydomain.com and everything
worked.

We switched back and forth a couple of times (1 message a week makes
testing really tricky) and it was clear that this was indeed the issue. I
have absolutely no idea why, but sometimes in this world you just have to
accept a gift without knowing where it comes from ;)

Regards

Jeffrey