[BlueOnyx:05329] Re: New DFix release

Gerald Waugh gwaugh at frontstreetnetworks.com
Sat Sep 4 18:16:55 -05 2010

On 9/4/2010 5:33 PM, Greg Kuhnert wrote:
  I've mentioned recently a type of attack I have seen that uses spoofed
DNS packets. From all reports, it appears I am the only one around here
that has been hit. However, I have still decided to put the detection of
this attack as a new feature in DFix.

At the same time, I have done a cleanup of the block/unblock code. Its
now a lot cleaner. I have also changed the action from "reject" to
"block" as the action when an attack is detected.

Enjoy.

FYI
Greg, I tried installing on 3 different servers and I am getting  that darn
error...

"There was an error verifying the package file. It may be corrupted, or it
may not have the correct authentication information. The software package
was not installed."