[BlueOnyx:05379] Re: smtp not sending

Steve Howes steve-lists at geekinter.net
Fri Sep 10 08:49:06 -05 2010

On 10 Sep 2010, at 14:40, Peter Robbins - Bridgewater Software wrote:
> our mail server has suddenly decided not to accept connections to smtp to send emails.  this happened at 1300 GMT.
>
> using a mail client like thunderbird causes the error message "login failed: cant login to server mail.bridgewater.it"

steve$ telnet mail.bridgewater.it 25
Trying 92.60.106.242...
Connected to mail.bridgewater.it.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 mail4.bridgewater.it ESMTP Sendmail Ready; Fri, 10 Sep 2010 14:48:17 +0100

Looks ok to me. Do you have any log files for the period it breaks? Or anything we might be able to use to debug with..

Steve