[BlueOnyx:05381] Re: smtp not sending

Richard Sidlin richard at sidlin.co.uk
Fri Sep 10 08:59:01 -05 2010

Hi,

our mail server has suddenly decided not to accept connections to smtp to send emails.  this happened at 1300 GMT.

using a mail client like thunderbird causes the error message "login failed: cant login to server mail.bridgewater.it"

This has happened before and we simply reboot and the problem is resolved, however this time it still occurring

we have 200+ users on the server going ape at the moment

any help would be much appreciated!!!!

--
Kind regards,

Peter Robbins
Commercial Director
Bridgewater Software Development Ltd
E: peter at bridgewater.it
T: 01442 870244
M: 07972 094922
F: 01442 879993

Are any errors showing up in your maillog? (tail -f /var/log/maillog)