[BlueOnyx:05386] Re: smtp not sending

Richard Sidlin richard at sidlin.co.uk
Fri Sep 10 09:34:28 -05 2010

What is your maillog showing?

From: Peter Robbins - Bridgewater Software
Sent: Friday, September 10, 2010 3:22 PM
To: jeffrey at px2co.net ; BlueOnyx General Mailing List
Subject: [BlueOnyx:05385] Re: smtp not sending

I have tried with and without auth.  secure and non secure

I have also tried port 587 vs 25

i have switched off spamassassin

rebooted

still have the problem

On 10/09/2010 15:09, Jeffrey Pellin wrote:
  Do your users use smtp auth?

  #On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 14:59:01 +0100, "Richard Sidlin" <richard at sidlin.co.uk> wrote:

    Hi,

    our mail server has suddenly decided not to accept connections to smtp to send emails.  this happened at 1300 GMT.

    using a mail client like thunderbird causes the error message "login failed: cant login to server mail.bridgewater.it"

    This has happened before and we simply reboot and the problem is resolved, however this time it still occurring

    we have 200+ users on the server going ape at the moment

    any help would be much appreciated!!!!

    --
    Kind regards,

    Peter Robbins
    Commercial Director
    Bridgewater Software Development Ltd
    E: peter at bridgewater.it
    T: 01442 870244
    M: 07972 094922
    F: 01442 879993

    Are any errors showing up in your maillog? (tail -f /var/log/maillog)

dangerous content by SpamCleanser, and is
believed to be clean. 0845 632 9798