[BlueOnyx:05416] Re: php admin thru GUI is broke - clues?

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Sep 17 16:16:19 -05 2010

Hi James,

> Mate you need to fix this asap as many people store connection details in
> plain text in php... It sounds to me like the httpd is not passing php
> files to the php compiler... Google will show some quick fixes until blue
> onyx is fixed.

It turned out this wasn't a BlueOnyx problem. The server was tied into a third
party YUM repository which had an "updated" suPHP RPM, which had been compiled
with different options than BlueOnyx needed. That broke PHP entirely - even on
sites where suPHP was disabled.

RPMforge is popular and Dag's repositories are pretty popular, but I can only
highly recommend not to use them on a BlueOnyx box. Expecially never ever run
"yum update" against such a third party YUM repository, or all hell will break
loose.