[BlueOnyx:05452] Re: Dealing with /admin URL 'hijacking

Klein Joachim j.klein at ibusiness.at
Thu Sep 23 09:12:06 -05 2010

  Am 23.09.2010 15:55, schrieb Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet:
> Jeff Jones wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> We have a web CMS on a BX box that has a url /admin and unfortunately it does not appear easy to change this admin URL much to my disgust.
>>
>> I think I have seen some posts around - but I am not sure if anyone managed to find an easy way to change the BX /admin url to something a little less easier to guess.
> Something that you try in order to avoid tinkering would be to use the
> page name in the URL of the CMS admin, likely "index.php".  So instead
> of going to www.domain.tld/admin go to www.domain.tld/admin/index.php
> and I bet your CMS management page pops up.

Hy Chris!

That´s right - but tell this the customer.
I´m using also only the /admin-part and not the complete one.
I had a customer who called me with exact this problem.

Customer: "I have installed a CMS on the webspace but my password
wouldn´t accepted"
Support worked a long time to find out that the user was trying to login
to the Blueonyx-Admin and
not the CMS of the User.
The Install wasn´t the problem because the directory was /install, but
then the Admin was /admin.
And if you have some customer without too much technical knowhow then
you get silly.

That´s the reason why I have deleted all the /admin-Redirects.
Joachim