[BlueOnyx:05503] Re: getting hammered by this ip 219.237.15.233

Steve Howes steve-lists at geekinter.net
Wed Sep 29 02:21:33 -05 2010

On 29 Sep 2010, at 03:35, Alan Kline wrote:

> Steve...
>
> Thanks for posting this! I also have learned something from this thread.
>
> One question: Are these ip routes persistent? That is, will they survive
> a reboot or installation of a new kernel? If not, is there a way to save
> them so they can be reinstalled?

They will vanish on a reboot. There are ways of making them static, you can create a routes file for specific interfaces, not sure how that works for the blackhole idea. You could add them to rc.local if you want. It's probably not needed though. If you 'vanish' they don't appear to persist that much. There are several packages for BO that will automatically block brute force attempts though.