[BlueOnyx:06940] Re: No web service after last night's yum and reboot

Michael Aronoff maronoff at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 12:48:05 -05 2011

Rodrigo wrote:
> The damage on KVM or Regular BO boxes, seems to repair itself By issuing
the /etc/init.d/cced.init restart (maybe > self signed certificate gets
regenerated)

Well I did not find that to be the case. I have 4 dedicated servers, not
VPS. I had the problem on one BO box (my other 3 had not done yum yet)  and
even after restarting cced I had to copy the files over. However once I did
that I was able to restart httpd without error and then I restarted the box
and everything was good again.

So if any others are having this problem follow Rodrigo's great instructions
and you should be all good.

As for others I would disable auto YUM updates until this is fixed.

M Aronoff Out