[BlueOnyx:07066] Re: severe problem with disk integrity

Greg Kuhnert gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au
Fri Apr 15 17:15:23 -05 2011

On 16/04/2011 6:01 AM, Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet wrote:
> Richard Barker wrote:
>> Could be but it is upsetting to login and see the red icon.
> A quick fix for that would be to use a piece of black electrical tape
> and stick that on the screen where the red icon is.  Then you won't see
> it anymore.

There is a real problem...

[root at spottedbass bin]# /sbin/hdparm -d1 /dev/hda

/dev/hda:
  setting using_dma to 1 (on)
  HDIO_SET_DMA failed: Operation not permitted
  using_dma    =  0 (off)

 From what I can tell, it looks like the onboard motherboard disk
controller may not be supported in the kernel....

Time to add that motherboard to the "unsupported" list I think :(