[BlueOnyx:07133] MySQL databases on BO/BX

Richard Morgan richard at morgan-web.co.uk
Fri Apr 22 07:51:22 -05 2011

Please forgive me if this is a bit off-topic, but it is specific to BO/BX servers...

I'm working on a hosted app that creates a new MySQL database for each company that signs up.  I've researched this question but I can only find theoretical answers - not real-world answers.  I've also written scripts to reproduce databases, bit these don't really test it as they're all the same.

What is the maximum number of MySQL databases that mid-range, 2TB HD server could handle?  I guess I'm asking, what is the highest number of MySQL databases anyone has seen on a single server?

Many thanks - I know your answers will help a lot.

Richard