[BlueOnyx:07183] Re: login error after yum update

Steven Howes steve-lists at geekinter.net
Wed Apr 27 04:18:11 -05 2011

On 26 Apr 2011, at 09:33, Eiji Hamano wrote:
> I did yum update today.  ( around 13:00 +9:00 JP time. )
> After the yum,  noone login to the server as folloing error;
>
>  " The login session carried out the time-out.
>   In order to log in again, please enter a user name and a password."
>
> Any one advice me ?

Have you followed the advice in previous threads of this nature? There are half a dozen or so in the last month..

Try:

yum clean all
yum update
/etc/init.d/cced.init restart
/etc/init.d/httpd restart
/etc/init.d/admserv restart

Failing that, I guess a reboot is worth a try. But the above will probably do it.