[BlueOnyx:07185] Re: BlueOnyx easter egg: Mailman support

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Apr 27 05:36:23 -05 2011

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for checking it out.

> One other side effect... Had to reset all my dnsbl settings.

Yeah, sendmail.cf and sendmail.mc had to be swapped out when base-mailman got
installed. There are provisions in place that modify the new Sendmail configs
to the same settings as the old ones, but apparently the DNSBLs aren't part of
that process. I'll take a look at that.

> I can see all the admin pages, can add subscribers... Tried to send a mail
> to the list and got bounces... no such user. Looks like all the addresses
> are added to the virtual user db, but no joy.
>
> Where should I start looking?

That part worked fine for me. Please try to restart Sendmail manually and see
if that makes a difference. Also: The list email address starts with a (more
or less) random number. So if the list name is "support" (for example), then
the list email address is something like "54-support at domain.com".