[BlueOnyx:07974] Re: e-mail handled off-server

Florian Arzberger arzberger at maxxnet.de
Wed Aug 3 05:41:36 -05 2011

> In your site's Site Management > General Settings, enable Automatic DNS
> Configuration.
> Then go to your site's Services > DNS > 	DNS Primary Service List and
> click the "i" for SMTP and/or MAIL.
> Set the IP address to your other mail server here.
> I would think that would be the way to do it.
>
> Make sure external DNS points to the correct mail server too.

i don't use the automatic dns configuration, but that's not the point. mx
are set correctly, but as long as the domain resides within
/etc/mail/local-host-names, the server will try to deliver mails locally and
not even look up the mx (this only affects sent from the machine itself,
like a mailform etc.).