[BlueOnyx:08056] Re: Admin GUI via IPAD QUICK FIX?

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Aug 10 13:02:32 -05 2011

Hi Stephanie,

> You are correct that
> removing the actions removes the issue. However, it's just the onresize
> action that is causing the problem. I must admit I rather like
> automagically setting the cursor to the login form field when the page
> loads. It's kind of the point of a login page. So the onload action isn't
> causing a problem and can remain.

Ok, thanks for confirming my suspicion there. I'll remove the onresize and
will commit the code sometime tomorrow.

> There is another issue with the admserv that showed up during testing with
> the droid. If there is a chained certificate like RapidSSL installed on the
> admserv and intermediate certificates are needed the gui allows one to add
> them in. So far so good. But wait, there's more. The droid reports the
> certificate isn't from a trusted authority. (this is using the default
> safari mobile browser on a droid2)
>
> The intermediate CA certificates are correctly added to the file
> /etc/admserv/certs/ca-certs
>
> OK then why the error? Ha! The directive
> SSLCACertificateFile /etc/admserv/certs/ca-certs
>
> Appears in /etc/admserv/conf/ssl.conf but this NEVER gets loaded by the
> admserv httpd.conf
>
> More important it isn't in the /etc/admserv/conf.d/ssl.conf either.
>
> So, while setup nicely everywhere else, admserv is unaware of the CA
> certificates installed on the admserv.

Hmmmm. OK. I'm still doped up on flu medication and my head feels like someone
took the brain out and laid a wet sock into my skull instead. So I'm not sure
I fully understand the problem, Stephanie. But I'll try to test this out soon
and will see if I can publish a fix for this as well.