[BlueOnyx:08058] Re: Install of 5107R problem (new lv is too large)

Jeff Folk jfolk at qzoneinc.com
Wed Aug 10 15:41:11 -05 2011

On Aug 10, 2011, at 5:13 AM, Michael Stauber wrote:

> Hi Gerald,
>
>> Just tried to install on an IBM with adaptec controller
>> and 80GB drives. get the error about size is too big to fit in space.
>
> OK, this is really depressing. I'll look into it, although it means I have to
> waste a development box on my end for troubleshooting.
>
>> Another thing I noted, it tried to make a network connection for the
>> longest time, then fell back to using the local cdrom
>
> I'll look into that as well.

I was successful with a SL 6.1 install DVD and the tarball... Yay!!

I did find an area of code where deprecated php functions weren't replaced. In Activity Monitor -> Disk Integrity on my RAID 1:

21 X Deprecated: Function split() is deprecated in /usr/sausalito/ui/web/base/raid/drives.inc on line 136

4 X Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in /usr/sausalito/ui/web/base/raid/drives.inc on line 160

I absolutely LOVE the new Hardware Information screen!!!

Get some rest though, dude... Sorry you aren't feeling up to snuff.

Regards;
Jeff