[BlueOnyx:08098] moving a site to new machine now "mail loops back to me (MX problem?"

webmaster webmaster at oldcabin.net
Sun Aug 14 12:00:13 -05 2011

Hello all,

I have moved a site from a cobalt 550 to BX (chippewaflowage.com)
It's been 48 hours since the move and dns change

Here's the problem;
When I try to mail an account on the BX box from the 550
I get: "config error: mail loops back to me (MX problem?)"

When I try to email the account on the BX box from the outside world
(charter.net)
I get: "... Relaying denied. Proper authentication required."

Things I CAN do;
I can mail from the new BX account to the 550 with no errors
I can mail from the new BX account to my charter account with no errors.

I have looked on the 550 and all my setting appears to be correct
(i.e no references to the moved domains) as are the settings on the BX box.

Any ideas?

Do I just have to wait a little longer for DNS to settle down?

Thanks

~TIm