[BlueOnyx:08123] Re: Custom RAID on install of 5107R?

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Aug 15 21:43:56 -05 2011

Hi Jeff,

> I'm going to be reinstalling 5107R on my old server which has 4 x 380 GB
> disks. It is currently installed with RAID 1+0 (from 5106R). Is there an
> install parameter to install the disks as 3 disks in RAID 5 with one
> spare?

Nope. Out of the box the CD doesn't support software RAID 5.

But you can of course always use hardware RAID to set up your RAID 5 as
desired. Then simply install off the CD and you're good to go. In that case
the CD will just "see" one disk (as provided by the hardware RAID) and will
not install software RAID.