[BlueOnyx:08188] Re: Upgrade path 5106R to 5107R

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon Aug 22 13:41:48 -05 2011

Jeff Folk wrote:
> On Aug 22, 2011, at 10:30 AM, bluequartz at ozin.com wrote:
>> I may have answered my previous PHP question by noticing that there are now 2 flavours of BlueOnyx.
>>
>> So my next question is, is there an upgrade path from 5106R to 5107R?
>
> There is not to my knowledge. 5107R uses a different underlying OS (Scientific Linux) as opposed to 5106R (CentOS). You will have to export all sites/users with cmuExport (raqbackup works well for this) and cmuImport everything back into the new server. Not too bad a process. Worked pretty well for me.

Jeff is on the right track.  As with the move from BlueQuartz (on CentOS
4) to BX 5107R (on CentOS 5), there are far too many dependencies and
integrations to offer a reliable "upgrade" process.  That's not to say
that it can't be done.  If you've got plenty of time to kill and don't
mind experimenting with the box and its data, you may well be able to
get it done.  But I wouldn't recommend it.  And the BlueOnyx team
doesn't recommend it, either, so I guess that puts me in pretty good
company.  :)

Regarding your other question on list imports, your mailing lists should
import as Mailman lists.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services