[BlueOnyx:08196] Same mess different BlueOnyx version, using scsi drives

Gerald Waugh gwaugh at frontstreetnetworks.com
Mon Aug 22 23:04:23 -05 2011

CentOS-5.4+BlueOnyx works
CentOS-5.5+BlueOnyx doesn't work
CentOS-5.5 works
CentOS-5.6 works
CentOS-5.6+BlueOnyx doesn't work
CentOS-6.0 works
SL-6.1+BlueOnyx doesn't work
SL-6.1 DVD works

What happens when BlueOnyx is added that causes the install CD to barf
nanging the drives

I rebuilt the CentOS-5.5+BlueOnyx CD to get a working version.
I did keep some records, It had to do with using the base redhat rpms
from a working version.

So I guess I have to do the same with the SL-6.1+BlueOnyx

I have many Dell PE servers and IBM eSeries servers that I maintain.
We also sell a few, New and Used. The Install CDs will not work on them.

--
Gerald