[BlueOnyx:08221] Re: Email Problems

Ken - Precision Web Hosting, Inc kenlists at precisionweb.net
Tue Aug 23 15:28:12 -05 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: Mark McGavin

Recently i posted to the list about a problem with php mail function not
working on a new box. This was finally solved by using the following in
php.ini

sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i -f postmaster at somedomain.com

I previously had two other boxes where this was not necessary and functioned
fine with just sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail

Something has now changed on these boxes and i now have to use
sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i -f postmaster at somedomain.com in
order for the php mail function to work.

a new problem has cropped up on these two boxes. I use phplist to run three
mailing lists. Previously i had bounce handling on each list managed by the
script simply by setting up a mail box and specify a return path and bounce
email address in the script. It worked great.

Now what happens is the return emails all come back to the postmaster email
specified in php.ini, the settings in the script are being overwritten and
bounce handling no longer works.

Any suggestions please. What worked fine once has stopped and has caused
havoc with the mailing scripts!

Regards

Mark
<<

Mark

In the conf file for that site, try adding something like
<Directory /home/.sites/33/site5/web/phplist/>
  php_flag magic_quotes_gpc on
  php_admin_flag safe_mode off
  php_admin_value sendmail_path "/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i -f bounces"
</Directory>

Where you'd have the actual patch in place of:  33/site5

And the actual username in place of  "bounces"

----
Ken Marcus
Precision Web Hosting, Inc.
http://www.precisionweb.net