[BlueOnyx:08243] Re: Active monitor detect changes every 15min

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Aug 25 03:27:15 -05 2011

Hi Thomas,

> After the big update >200 updates of 5106R I get this mail every 15min.
> --begin--
>
> Active Monitor has detected recent changes in the state of your server
> appliance. For more details, please see the Active Monitor section of the
> Server Desktop.
>
> Summary of changes:
>
> *
>  -
>  -
>  -
>
> --end--
>
> Server was rebootet after update.

Please run "yum clean all" followed by "yum update" to make sure you really
have all the updates.

If you are fully updated and still get these messages, then click on "Active
Monitor" / "Settings" and examine the form field "Monitored Components".

See if there is a component named "Disk Integrity".

If it is there, click on "Disk Integrity" to highlight the item and then click
on the blue arrow button to move it over to the "Components not monitored"
list.

Save the changes and see if you still get those weird Active Monitor emails.

The monitor for "Disk Integrity" not only monitors the status of the software
RAID, but also DMA status (obsolete by now and only kept for legacy reasons)
and SMART status.

Under some circumstances (like in some virtualized environments, or when using
a certain kind of controller) DMA status or SMART status is not available,
which throws the disk integrity check into some kind of nerd rage.

That issue was partially fixed with the last update to the base-raid module,
but it's probably still affecting some hardware configurations that I don't
have access to for testing purposes.