[BlueOnyx:08245] Re: Apache DoS exploit kit

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Thu Aug 25 05:15:55 -05 2011

Richard Morgan wrote:

> Thank you 'User Ernie' and Michael for spotting and fixing this so
> quickly and thoroughly.
>
> You'll probably already know your fix script worked like a dream... it's
> also shaken me to get moving in the BX direction a bit faster :o)

Indeed.  I know that I have already had the opportunity to discuss this
with several customers of ours, and forgive the mention but I wanted to
make sure as many people know as possible...

VIRTBIZ customers can make the transition at no charge.  For existing
BlueQuartz VPS or Dedicated customers we will image a BlueOnyx system
for you and place it on the same network then allow time for you to make
a graceful migration without being charged for an additional server or
setup.  Contact either myself or your account manager directly for more
info.

I hope that this won't be interpreted as a commercial message as it's
really only targeted to those who are already our users.

Thanks!

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services