[BlueOnyx:08246] This kernal requires the followign features not present on the CPU: pae

Wayne Michael wrmichael at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 25 06:57:04 -05 2011

I tried to install Blue Onyx 5107 on an older machine (pentium M 2.0 Gz/2GB Ram) and received the error:

"This kernal requires the followign features not present on the CPU:
pae"

I tried the 5106 installation and did not receive this error but in the middle of installation the text became corrupt and the machine died a horrible death.

Also tried windows 2003 server and it did not install either (just turns the machine off).

strangley enough I reinstalled Vista (32 bit) onto the machine and it works without issues.

The machine was a video server for multimedia that someone did not want anymore so I thought it could act as a spare server.

I'm abandoning this machine for BX but thought I would report the issue.