[BlueOnyx:08270] Re: phpmyadmin question http vs https

Jeff Jones jeffrhysjones at mac.com
Fri Aug 26 05:50:55 -05 2011

Ah!

I've been trying to figure out why the SolarSpeed PhpMyAdmin won't work when you try to access it via the GUI in Personal Profile or Security for *AGES*

As the secure connect box was always ticked as default for me - it never worked.

The only way to get it to work was to use www.mydomain.com/phpmyadmin - which actually we don't like at all - I don't want to give a PhpMyadmin login to all and sundry! What a crazy idea to do that.

But you're right - if you uncheck the secure box - bingo - now it works again!

However - I don't like the fact that we can't use HTTPS - that's insecure too.

We actually gave up trying to get this to work just yesterday - I think we just think perhaps we'll migrate to the new Secure Linux version of BX next year which I believe ships with an updated PHP and PHPMyadmin - which is a shame as we actually paid good money for this module quite some time ago. I'm not moaning about SolarSpeed - I've not contacted them for support - you know you just try to fix these things yourself (or not in our case!).

But now you seems to have found the problem - I've got my hopes up for a fix!

Thanks!

Jeff