[BlueOnyx:08277] Re: mysql log

Richard Morgan richard at morgan-web.co.uk
Sat Aug 27 04:30:30 -05 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jimmy Gross" <grossj at constantino.net>
To: "Blueonyx" <blueonyx at blueonyx.it>
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2011 11:29 PM
Subject: [BlueOnyx:08273] mysql log

> Is there a way to turn logging off on mysql or switch the directory the
> log
> files is at from /var/log?
>
> Every week my /var/log directory gets full which stops email from working.
> have to delete the mysql log and reboot my server.
>

> It would be easier for me to turn logging off or change it to a directory
> on
> /home.

Maybe, because there used to be a trick on the original Colbolt machines for
moving the whole log directory due to httpd and maillog entries getting too
big.  It was something like move /var/log to /home/log, then create a
symbolic link from to point to it.  Don't know if it works on BX because I
haven't needed it eons, but just wanted to mention it as an option because
it will help if all log files are huge.