[BlueOnyx:08320] Re: pop password problems

Ken - Precision Web Hosting, Inc kenlists at precisionweb.net
Tue Aug 30 12:49:12 -05 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Stauber" <mstauber at blueonyx.it>

>>Imagine 10
people using to POP emails off your server from the same office. So they all
connect from the same corporate IP. If one of them has his email client
configured incorrectly and repeatedly authenticates <<

What I have done in my handmade authentication failure checker is only block
IPs that do not also have valid logins.
Otherwise, in an office with 100 people, you will get blocked most of the
time. So,  the biggest customers would get the worst experience.

----
Ken Marcus
Precision Web Hosting, Inc.
http://www.precisionweb.net