[BlueOnyx:08326] Re: Wordpress HowTo

User Ernie ernie at info.eis.net.au
Tue Aug 30 21:10:47 -05 2011

Hi MIchael,
the "Update Automatically" button is in Wordpress, if it doesn't work it
takes you to a page to set up and ftp.

Some funny things happened when I enabled suPHP on the 5106R server with the
Solarspeed 5.2.10 PHP package.

The two subdomains are using PHP 5.2.10 but the main site has fallen back to
5.1.6, I can't for the life of me find which apache config file is loading the
wrong libphp5.so I have greped though everything in /etc/httpd and it's
directories.  Prior to enabling suPHP both the main site and the subdomains
were both reporting 5.2.10 with phpinfo()

- Ernie.

> Hi Ernie,
>
> > but the "Update Automatically" button just takes me to the "Connection
> > Information" dialog where it asks for ftp information.
>
> That's the part that I don't understand, Ernie. Is that a button in the
> BlueOnyx GUI, or in Wordpress?
>
> If you're refering to an update function built into Wordpress, then it could
> be that you have to allow the PHP function "Allow URL Fopen". Which is
> typically disabled in BlueOnyx for security reasons. But PHP needs it enabled
> if the script in question wants to make a connection to an outside URL.
>
> Other than that: PHP-5.2.10 is quite old (July 2009) and in fact the entire
> PHP-5.2 line has been EOL'ed by PHP.net. The last PHP-5.2 was 5.2.17.
>
> --
> With best regards
>
> Michael Stauber

"I Ping therefore I am."