[BlueOnyx:08348] majordomo, yahoo, and too many errors.....

webmaster webmaster at oldcabin.net
Wed Aug 31 23:06:32 -05 2011

I recently moved a client off a raq550 to BX and am getting this when
he tries to send to his Majordomo mailing list.

~--snip---~

<<< 452 Too many recipients
someyahooaddress at yahoo.com... Deferred: 452 Too many recipients
<<< 452 Too many recipients
pppppp at yahoo.com... Deferred: 452 Too many recipients
<<< 452 Too many recipients
xxxxx at yahoo.com... Deferred: 452 Too many recipients
<<< 452 Too many recipients
yyyyyyyyy at yahoo.com... Deferred: 452 Too many recipients
<<< 452 Too many recipients
zzzzzzz at yahoo.com... Deferred: 452 Too many recipients
<<< 452 Too many recipients
ggggggg at yahoo.com... Deferred: 452 Too many recipients
<<< 452 Too many recipients
mmmmm at yahoo.com... Deferred: 452 Too many recipients

~--snip---~

On my 550 I had Eland Systems install a "slowqueue thingy" to deal
with this problem.

~--snip- from sendmail.cf--~

Qslowqueue, P=/var/spool/mqueue/slowqueue, F=f, I=1m, R=12, r=32

~--snip- from sendmail.cf--~

[root mqueue]# pwd
/var/spool/mqueue
[root mqueue]# ls -l
total 0
drwxr-x---    2 root     root           52 Aug 31 22:53 q1
drwxr-x---    2 root     root           29 Aug 31 22:46 q2
drwxr-x---    2 root     root           52 Aug 31 22:48 q3
drwxr-x---    2 root     root          144 Aug 31 22:50 q4
drwxr-x---    2 root     root            6 Dec 26  2008 slowqueue

At this point I don't want to install that again because it wasn't
hooked up to the Raq GUI and my machine is still clean BX through yum.

I really don't want to start hacking it up yet.

Someone out there must still have clients who use majordomo?

How do you deal with this?

The way the client is an old dude who sends out "fishing reports".
Earlier this year I mentioned using something else and he freaked.
He submits his reports thru a web page/perl script that emails his
reports to the list and then out to the world.
The script handles the majordomo password for him.
List has been going strong since 1999!
I could probably get his switched over to something else in time but
I need a fix asap

Thanks

--Tim