[BlueOnyx:06490] Re: tomcat not working

Manuel merelysparkles at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 16:38:07 -05 2011

Hi,

sorry for the late answer. I've already tried that in vain.

ps ax | grep tomcat5 gives me
26764 ?        Sl     1:02 /usr/lib/jvm/java/bin/java
-Dcatalina.ext.dirs=/usr/share/tomcat5/shared/lib:/usr/share/tomcat5/common/lib
-Dcatalina.ext.dirs=/usr/share/tomcat5/shared/lib:/usr/share/tomcat5/common/lib
-Djava.endorsed.dirs=/usr/share/tomcat5/common/endorsed -classpath
/usr/lib/jvm/java/lib/tools.jar:/usr/share/tomcat5/bin/bootstrap.jar:/usr/share/tomcat5/bin/commons-logging-api.jar:/usr/share/java/mx4j/mx4j-impl.jar:/usr/share/java/mx4j/mx4j-jmx.jar
-Dcatalina.base=/usr/share/tomcat5 -Dcatalina.home=/usr/share/tomcat5
-Djava.io.tmpdir=/usr/share/tomcat5/temp
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start

The file /usr/share/java/tomcat5-jsp-2.0-api.jar exists and contains
HttpJspPage. So I can't really explain why the error
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/jsp/HttpJspPage shows up. I've
already tried to place different versions of servlet-api.jar. Unfortunately
that also didn't make it work.

Does anybody have a clue or some idea to try?

Regards, Manuel