[BlueOnyx:06509] Re: OWM and Spam

Darrell D. Mobley dmobley at uhostme.com
Tue Feb 15 17:42:48 -05 2011

spam.

Yes, I found that out when some of my mails get returned, I have to turn
around and resend them via my cable email account or forget it.  But on to
what you post below:

> One easy way to allow your users to send is to enable the poprelay, then
> edit the sendmail.cf

You can get Sendmail to check a user's credentials before bouncing their
outbound mail by using:

FEATURE(`delay_checks', `friend')dnl

And commenting out:

dnl FEATURE(`greet_pause', `1000')dnl

What I am trying to address is inbound spam.  Funny, now that Chris mentions
it, I looked in the GUI for the email server and there are no RBLs defined,
and on the advanced tab, POP Authenticated Relaying is checked, but Enable
delay_checks is not checked.  What sendmail.mc file is BX using or is it
writing straight to sendmail.cf?

I manually edited my sendmail.mc to turn delay_checks on, disable
greet_pause and enable zen.spamhaus.org and bl.spamcop.net, made my
sendmail.cf and it works.  I wonder if I made changes in the GUI if it,
because it's not picking up my changes to sendmail.mc, would wipe out my
changes?