[BlueOnyx:06524] Re: OT: server recomandations

Jeff Jones jeffrhysjones at mac.com
Fri Feb 18 08:42:17 -05 2011

If the servers are being used as database servers - doesn't it depend on the size of the databases you are hosting?

If you had a customer with a database of size 8GB -  then a database server with 8 GB of RAM will perform better than the one with 6GB because more of the actual database can be held in RAM and thus less requirement to go back to disk - yes?

Jeff