[BlueOnyx:06555] Re: Fwd: Email user/alias problem

Steven Howes steve-lists at geekinter.net
Wed Feb 23 04:42:04 -05 2011

On 23 Feb 2011, at 08:44, David Booth wrote:
> When you try to add an object it wants it to be 209 but it's already
> there. Error.
>
> Just change 208 to 209 in codb.oids and you'll be adding users again.
> (unless there's another one further down the list)
>
> But that's just me. The more cautious might sugest stopping cced first or
> somethig more exotic

It *can* be that that object shouldn't exist. i.e. it's en email alias that's half created or something else that is better not there than there. You could cat the files in that folder and see what it is if you wanted a better idea. If you do the above and it doesn't work, try undoing the change and moving 209 somewhere else.

I'd suggest stopping cced too, and backing up that entire folder just in case. Just to cover myself a bit, when you do get it working you should cmuexport it and rebuild the machine. However, it'll probably just work ;)

P.S. Shiiiiit. Just taken a look at that list and there is plenty of differences... too many differences... In that case, i'd replace the codb.oids with your generated one and definitely do an export/import. (I'd be amazed if it worked otherwise..) Are you running the latest BlueOnyx? There was a fix fairly recently that made this corruption much trickier. I'd be interested in knowing how this happened. Might have happened before the update in fairness.