[BlueOnyx:06570] Re: PTR records

Doug Harvey dwh1958 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 15:23:03 -05 2011

I had this same problem. I contacted the isp and they added a ptr for me. No
problem, but something to keep in mind is that the ptr record is going to
point to the domain name of the box and not all the domains that you might
be hosting on it. So, you'll also need to add a TXT record for those
domains. I still had some customers complain that email was being sent to
the spam folder on Yahoo, so I had to contact them, but after that, things
cleared up and I was good to go.

Doug