[BlueOnyx:07433] Re: change host name or domain name doesn't work.

Greg Kuhnert gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au
Thu Jun 9 15:50:26 -05 2011

Hi Jeremy.

On 9/06/2011 10:52 PM, Jeremy Towne wrote:
> We set up a temporary site test.domain.com for development.  In the past
> when ready to go live we switch it over to the real thing and we were
> all set.  Some reason now that doesn't work.  It goes to the first site
> created on the server.  Even changing just the host name does the same
> thing.  We put the test.domain.com in for a web alias and it goes to the
> site but in the browser it still shows the old host.domain.  In the
> /home/sites the directory is renamed to the new domain name and the conf
> file looked right to me.

One thing to try is to clear your browser cache. "redirects" take care
of sending "domain.com" to "www.domain.com" ... If you have a bad copy
of cached data in your browser, that can affect how it redirects.

Hope that helps.

Greg

|   / \   Greg Kuhnert,gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au                |
|<   o>   Compass Networks - Pointing you in the right direction      |
|   \ /   Come see us for BlueQuartz / BlueOnyx modules&  Support.    |