[BlueOnyx:07436] weird email aliasing glitch

Roy Urick rurick at usa.net
Fri Jun 10 08:17:31 -05 2011

We are experiencing an issue with our aliases on our BO box that is bizarre.

We tried setting  up a mailbox to split and forward email to two users as a
mini distribution list.

We created a dummy user "sales" and then set the email to forward to two
email accounts. (we have dozens of these on the server that work fine)

When we send email to sales@ it goes to the postmaster account instead of
being forwarded to the two destination accounts specified in the forwarding
field. If I delete the account and add the "sales" alias to one of the two
destination mailboxes, it goes right through to that user.

Any ideas on where to start looking?

I've tried resetting the virtusertable, etc. with no luck.