[BlueOnyx:07444] Re: Latest YUM update

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Jun 15 12:37:13 -05 2011

Hi Darrell,

> Other than the obvious ProFTP update, what changes can we expect from the
> latest YUM update?

Summary of updates:
===============

base-vsite & base-user & base-apache:

These have been extended with the ability to prefix usernames with a 5
character alphanumerical prefix. If a prefix is set (and only if), then all
(new) users of the site will be named <prefix>_<username>. If a server admin
sets a prefix, a siteAdmin cannot remove it. So it forces the siteAdmin's to a
naming scheme of their users which can make the life of a server admin a bit
more convinient.

base-maillist:
----------------

Contains the improvements that Christoph made, plus the fixes that I applied
to make it work in an either/or fashion with the new Mailman support.

base-mailman:
prefix. If no site prefix is set, the old random numerical prefix is used in
the list name.

How to remove Majordomo and how to switch an existing box to Mailman is
outlined here:

http://www.blueonyx.it/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=75&cntnt01origid=62&cntnt01returnid=62

Future BlueOnyx ISO's will contain base-mailman by default.

base-email:
--------------

Contains some fixes to make it work with both base-mailman and base-maillist.

base-blueonyx:
------------------

Contains some fixes to make it work with both base-mailman and base-maillist.
Contains Christoph's alias removal to free up some more aliases. Removed some
troublesome lines from the post install scripts, which sometimes caused small
glitches.

base-documentation:

Updated some URLs and text strings, as some info there was now outdated.

proftpd:

This is a slightly updated version with a much better post-install script.