[BlueOnyx:07448] Re: mysql cluster?

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Jun 15 15:06:16 -05 2011

Hi Robert,

> Has anyone tried to build a clustered mysql setup, with a BlueOnyx server?
> I am thinking of clustering 3 intel atom servers together to create some
> redundancy. I would be curious to hear if anyone else has tried this.

Yeah, I'm using MySQL database replication on BlueQuartz and BlueOnyx. In my
setup I use it to synchronize a certain MySQL database between different MySQL
servers.

The setup is a bit delicate and requires some fiddling, but here are my notes
on how to do it:

http://www.solarspeed.net/otrs/public.pl?Action=PublicFAQ&CategoryID=3&ItemID=34

There is one drawback that you need to keep in mind, though:

The replication of the data between the "master" and the "slaves" happens
seamlessly and automatically once set up. But it a "one way" road. So you do
your INSERT's and UPDATE's only on the "master". Never on the slaves. But you
can of course use SELECT's to poll data from the "master" and any "slave", as
they always will have the same data.