[BlueOnyx:07482] Re: Install tarball on RaQ4r

Jeff Folk jfolk at qzoneinc.com
Fri Jun 17 14:59:20 -05 2011

On Jun 17, 2011, at 6:59 AM, Michael Stauber wrote:

>> A little more info... It appears none of the base- is installed... because
>> of a conflict with maillist vs mailman? Going to try to install base-*
>> --skip-broken, then install base-mailman*
>
> I could replicate the problem and there was indeed a conflict between Mailman
> and Majordomo with the tarball installer.
>
> I just released a new installer:
>
> http://devel.blueonyx.it/pub/BlueOnyx/TAR/BlueOnyx-5106R-CentOS5-
> i386-20110617.tar.gz
>
> Let me know if that works better.

Once I tried the new tarball on a fresh install of CentOS 5.6, I was able to get into the BO GUI. Wow, CentOS 5.6 and BlueOnyx on a RaQ4r! It is a 2.6.16 kernel, though... We'll see.

Am having some other difficulty. Cant get sendmail to listen on port 25. 465 and 587 work, however... POP and IMAP don't start either, secure or not...

Well, if I start dovecot manually, it works but every time I make a change in the BO GUI dovecot shuts down.

Sendmail seems to start and stop based on the checkmarks in the BO GUI, but the standard MTA port is dead.

Can I have some help with this?

Thanks;
Jeff