[BlueOnyx:07507] Re: New BlueOnyx ISO image available

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon Jun 20 21:59:18 -05 2011

Michael Stauber wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
>> The ISO is now too large to fit on a 700MB CD-R.
>
> I managed to trim it down to 671MB by removing the PXE-boot related images
> from a subdirectory of the CD. Most users won't need these anyway.
>
> The new ISO is named BlueOnyx-5.6-20110621.iso and it is hitting the mirrors
> now.

Great!  If the day comes that we just can't squeeze it out on a single
CD-R anymore, then so be it.  Times are marching on and more and more
systems have DVD drives in them.  And we have 2 USB DVD drives that
float around the datacenter for machines with CD or no optical, so it's
not THAT big a deal.

But it is a neat "selling point" to have it fit on a single CD, and for
those times when we're installing on puny hardware, it's awfully
convenient.  ;)

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services