[BlueOnyx:06607] Re: Rewrite rule status?

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Tue Mar 1 12:34:18 -05 2011

From: Tjerk Hacquebord <lists at hqmatics.nl<mailto:lists at hqmatics.nl>>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 09:50:55 +0100
Subject: [BlueOnyx:06606] Re: Rewrite rule status?

Hi Michael,

There have been many questions about it some while ago. Problem is that if you add multiple web aliases to a vsite the domains do not redirect to the main domain anymore. Old behavior was domain2.com redirects to main domain: domain1.com. Now the site doesn’t redirect anymore.
Taco proposed to make a switch for this behavior per site. That would be the best solution. If that’s not possible I think many of the list members would like the ‘old’ behavior back.

Example current vhost file:
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}                !^www.maindomain.com(:80)?$ [NC]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}                !^otherdomain.com(:80)?$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^/(.*)                      http://www.maindomain.nl/$1 [L,R=301]

It should not write RewriteCond for each web alias.

I’m not sure if the problem is related to that specific update but I think it was around that time when it started for new Vsites and changed vsites so this was my best guess.

Hi Tjerk/Michael,

Interestingly we have had a client today ask if this can be turned off. They want to have all their web aliases to show the URL of the 'new' redirected domain. I could comment out all the entries in the conf file but this would be overwritten each time they changed an alias.

This should really be an off/on option on the web services GUI?

Colin