[BlueOnyx:06650] Re: Multiple Sites to IP Address

Chris Comley chris at wizards.co.uk
Fri Mar 11 04:55:18 -05 2011

This is my preferred approach. Easy to set the "default" vsite on a manually
controlled box but how do you do it on BO? DO you *have* to remember to set
up the default site before any other site, or can you go back in later and
promote your preferred site to the top of the list?

My solution to that problem was to always use my support domain name as the
first site of an IP address and then put a generic "Page Not Found" as the
index page.  Then, regardless of which other site with the same IP address
was incorrectly accessed, it gave the generic "Page Not Found" message along
with a message to contact myself as the hosting company.   This solved the
problem for us and the clients never ended up at the wrong site.

Hope that helps,

Dan Porter
Twin Wolf Technology Group, LLC