[BlueOnyx:06657] Re: vacation.pl oddities

Ken - Precision Web Hosting, Inc kenlists at precisionweb.net
Fri Mar 11 13:15:55 -05 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roy Urick" <rurick at usa.net>
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2011 9:44 AM
Subject: [BlueOnyx:06656] Re: vacation.pl oddities

> Thanks Ken, but that wont quite help.
>
> Quite often you cant kill the process because it gets locked up so badly.
> The only way to kill the process in that case is an "init 6". I've so far
> had to reboot our server 4x in as many hours today to fix the problem
> after
> trying repeatedly to kill the process various ways... by PID causes it to
> spawn a new one instantly.  Killing by the user, or killall by process
> name
> simply doesn't do a thing. Neither errors that nothing was killed, it just
> is ineffective.
>
> The only reliable way to stop it is to prevent it from running in the
> first
> place. But I just don't want to disable it in a way that breaks something
> else. (other than maybe adding log file entries)

Roy,

Is it the vacation.pl from the  /admin  or the one that you can set up from
the  /openwebmail  ?

You could deactivate the one that is not working by editing the
.forward file in each users directory.

You can check for vacation.pl in the  .forward file using
grep vacation /home/sites/*.*/users/*/.forward

Then edit those .forwward files.

----
Ken M
Precision Web Hosting, Inc.