[BlueOnyx:06710] Re: [bluequartz] Re: cced gone wild

Abdul Rashid Abdullah webmaster at muntada.com
Wed Mar 16 23:21:27 -05 2011

Did the /tmp check already earlier as well.  Ps aux doesn't turn up anything
unusual nor any /usr/local/httpd processes

The biggest thing I see is that if I let the /etc/cron.d/dfix.cron run, then
it quickly contributes to several cced processes spawning in a short period.
Whereas, if I prevent the cron job from running, kill the secondary cced
processes, it appears to run without any spawning of these processes keeping
the cpu down.