[BlueOnyx:06715] Re: new build ISO shell based network issues?

Jared Bennett jbennett at dpcsi.com
Thu Mar 17 00:06:39 -05 2011

Earlier today I attempted to deploy a VM from the latest .iso..  Everything
seemed to be fine until I attempted to ftp into it, to no avail.  Tried
disabling and re-enabling, rebooting, etc.. but this also did not help.
 Upon checking /etc/xinetd.d/ the proftpd file was blank.  Tried populating
that file with the contents off another VM from an older build that was
fully updated, also which did not work.  Examination showed that the
referenced /usr/sbin/in.proftpd was also missing.  At this point, due to
time constraints, I wiped the VM and rebuilt from the 2010-05-19 iso, which
of course went swimmingly.