[BlueOnyx:06725] Re: new build ISO shell based network issues?

Roy Urick rurick at usa.net
Thu Mar 17 08:59:00 -05 2011

I was just doing SU and then running “setup” like I remember from my cobalt days, and possibly even BQ. Hard to say since its been years since I last deployed one of these boxes when it last worked.

You’d think that if “setup” no longer works properly as Chris suggested, it shouldn’t be there. Or if it needed to be around it would cause the proper setup program to kick off.

What I meant by ifconfig and init “missing” was that they don’t work from the command line. I didn’t realize I had to execute the ifconfig using the whole path.  I don’t recall init ever worked  from the terminal for shutting down/rebooting on these servers since the Raq4 days, and always found it annoying when I was in a terminal session and wanted to reboot the box I’d have to fire up the GUI and do it there.

Also I might be doing something wrong, but Squirrelmail also doesn’t appear to be configured properly out of the box either. (surfing to /webmail displays a text error about it not being setup yet. )

I think I might revert back to the prior iso and just spend some time with YUM just to be sure it is stable.