[BlueOnyx:06735] Re: Open Web Mail

Darrell D. Mobley dmobley at uhostme.com
Thu Mar 17 13:47:49 -05 2011

As Chris suggests, use the built in BlueOnyx vacation message tools in the
user profile in the GUI, as well as users wanting to set a forwarding email
address.

Turn OFF the user's ability to even dabble with the OWM vacation message and
email forwarding by setting these flags:

enable_autoreply  no

and

enable_setforward	no

in

/location-of-openwebmail-files/openwebmail/etc/defaults/openwebmail.conf

These options will be taken out of the Preferences section in OWM.

Result: No more scrogged .forward and .vacation_msg vs. .vacation.msg files.

Perhaps the BX vendors who sell OWM packages should set those two flags to
know and this topic should go away for good. Not that it's a bad thing to
seek advice. :-)