[BlueOnyx:06760] Re: broken dns in gui

Darrell D. Mobley dmobley at uhostme.com
Sun Mar 20 19:05:24 -05 2011

What it is supposed to do is signify to cced to rebuild the DNS databases
and restart named automatically.  You shouldn't have to unclick and re-click
the save button every time to save your changes.  Something in your oid
database isn't working right, and if allowed to fester, it could crash your
server or cause problems in other areas. There has to be someone on this
list who can tell you why your save changes button won't work and how to
check your database for corruption.

If your are happy with your current arrangement, go into the code and
comment out the dirty flag check. In:

/usr/sausalito/ui/web/base/dns/records.php:

and

/usr/sausalito/ui/web/base/dns/vsite_records.php

Change

if($sys_dns['dirty'] == 0) {
        $commitButton->setDisabled(true);
}

if($sys_dns['dirty'] == 0) {
//        $commitButton->setDisabled(true);
}

Then you can save it any time you want, change or no change.