[BlueOnyx:06782] EXT3-fs error

Reginald reginaldvw at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 02:37:10 -05 2011

I had a problem with a VPS running BlueOnyx. I used KVM to have a look
and I saw this:

EXT3-fs error (device dm-2): ext3_get_inode_loc: unable to read inode
block - inode=20374174, block=81494059

I just rebooted the server and everything was fine.

What may have caused this? Maybe an update of some sort?

On another identical server I had no problems at all. The major
difference between the two servers is in the Installed Software List:

--- no problem server:

Installed Software List   1 Entry

BlueOnyx    2.20100301    Project BlueOnyx    The BlueOnyx is the base
software for the BlueOnyx 5106R Series. This software package is
required in order for your server appliance to function

--- problem server:

Installed Software List    6 Entries

APF Firewall    5.0.3    Solarspeed.net    APF and BFD repackaged for BlueOnyx

AV-SPAM    5.1.1    Solarspeed.net    The AV-SPAM provides server side
means to protect all mailtraffic against virii and SPAM.

AWStats    6.9    Solarspeed.net    AWStats - see 'Site' & 'Usage Information'

Automated Backup    2.0.1    Solarspeed.net    Automated Backup System

BlueOnyx    2.20100301    Project BlueOnyx    The BlueOnyx is the base
software for the BlueOnyx 5106R Series. This software package is
required in order for your server appliance to function.

Clam-AV    0.97    Solarspeed.net    Clam AV: A GPL virus scanner.
Auto-Updates the virus scanner engine through YUM.

---> Maybe I should just remove (some) of the installed software packages?

Brgds,

Reg