[BlueOnyx:06830] Re: slow Sendmail response

Chuck Tetlow chuck at tetlow.net
Tue Mar 29 20:47:01 -05 2011

DNS.  That's classic DNS problem symptioms.  The various servers are performing a reverse lookup to log the entries by name - and you are waiting on the DNS timeout.  I bet you'll find the logs for both mail and SSH are full of IPs, with very few names.

Check your DNS settings to be sure you have a valid/good DNS server listed as first in the /etc/resolv.conf file.  You can modify that file by hand or via the GUI in the system settings.

Chuck